About the Iranian authorities
Irans New President, Prolific Writer
The new Iranian president is an avid writer and has so far written 17 works on politics, society and world issues. Hassan Rohani was born on 12 November 1948 in Sorkheh, Semnan. He is a politician, Muslim cleric, lawyer, academician and diplomat.
He has been a member of the Assembly of Experts since 1999, member of the Expediency Council since 1991, member of the Supreme National Security Council since 1989, and head of the Center for Strategic Research since 1992.
Rohani has been also deputy speaker of the 4th and 5th terms of the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) and Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council from 1989 to 2005. In the later capacity, he was also heading Iran's former nuclear negotiating team and was the country's top negotiator with three EU countries of UK, France, and Germany on Iran's nuclear program.
According to IBNA on 7 May 2013, Rohani registered for the presidential election that was held on 14 June 2013. He said that he will restore the economy and improve Iranian foreign relations.
As early vote counts began coming in, Rohani took a large lead. He was elected as President of Iran on
15 June. He took office on 3 August 2013.
Rohani has so far written 17 books some of which are as follows:
- National security and nuclear diplomacy
- National security and Iran's economic system
- Political reflections on Islam; theoretical principles
- Memories of Dr. Hassan Rohani
- The Chronicle of planning and hope
- An introduction to the history of Shia Imams
- Learning about Islamic countries
- The Islamic Revolution; roots and challenges
- Principles of Imam Khomeini's political thinking
- National security and foreign policy
- National security and the environment
- The Islamic Legislative Power (1994)
- The Flexibility of Shariah; Islamic Law (1996)
Rohani has also written various articles published in numerous national and international journals.
The Journal of The Parliament's Library, No. 1, Aug.-Sept., 2013 p. 6.